The Yukon Sound Recording Program was put in place to support the Yukon recording industry, to further develop the cultural industries sector, and to encourage a business focus among those in the Yukon music industry. This program assists Yukon sound recording professionals in developing viable careers and businesses.
- The applicant must be a Yukon resident or a Yukon business
- The applicant may be:
- A Yukon sound recording artist
- Owner of a Yukon sound recording studio
- Owner of a Yukon sound recording label
- For artist applications, for duos or groups, a minimum 50% must meet the above Yukon residency requirements.
- For studio and label applications, consideration will be given to projects involving non-Yukon artists if the project can demonstrate benefits to the development of the Yukon sound recording industry.
- Two intakes per year
There are two components to the Sound Recording Program:
The application forms for the Sound Recording Program have been updated. There are now separate application forms for the Demo and Professional Sound Recording program. Please ensure you are using the correct application form.
Up to $2,000 for producing a CD with a minimum of 2 tracks or 5 minutes
Up to $5,000 for producing a CD with a minimum of 6 tracks or 20 minutes
For more detailed information, please contact:
Yukon Film & Sound Commission
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6